Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jacques Tati

Image

If I look back at my films, I realize that the path
I took has been, in my opinion, not too difficult.
I went a little astray with Mon Oncle, but I soon
made my way back to what I really enjoy doing.
Playtime is closer in spirit to Les Vacances de
Monsieur Hulot than to Mon Oncle. I felt quite
at home shooting Playtime.



Filmography

Gai dimanche (1935) co-directed with Jacques Berr

L'Ecole des facteurs / School for Postmen (1947)

Jour de fete / The Big Day / Holiday (1949) AV Channel (R2) BFI (R2) Madman (Regions 1 thru 6)

Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot / M. Hulot's Holiday (1953) BFI (R2) Criterion (R1) Madman (Regions 1 thru 6)

Mon oncle (1958) BFI (R2) Criterion (R1) Madman (Regions 1 thru 6)

Playtime (1967) BFI (R2) Criterion (R1) Les films de mon oncle (R2) Madman (Regions 1 thru 6)

Trafic (1971) Atlantic Film (R2) Criterion (R1)

Parade (1974) DVDY Films (R2)

No comments:

Post a Comment